Developers around the globe use Facebook products and services to build impactful solutions. Now, they have a chance to develop products to support their communities with the new Developer Circles Community Challenge and win up to $20,000 USD.
Developer Circles from Facebook is a great way for developers to connect and collaborate. Each Circle is locally organized by members of the community. In addition to hosting offline events, developers can stay in touch and build together online via a dedicated Facebook Group.
Kicking off on September 5, participants are challenged to create a solution that uses at least one Facebook product in one of the following three product categories:
- Improve your craft — helps developers code and improve their skills
- Get it done — makes work easier or more productive for developers
- Community — helps developers connect
Local Developer Circles around the world are hosting in-person Hack Days where developers will be able to meet, hack and learn from each other. Hack Day dates will be released over the coming weeks on the Challenge site.
How to Enter:
- Register for the challenge at developercircles.devpost.com.
- Join your local Developer Circle to find a teammate and collaborate with developers.
- Check out the Facebook tools you can build with on the Resources tab.
- Shoot your two-minute demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Submit your application on developercircles.devpost.com by November 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM ET.
We can’t wait to see what the community builds!