This India – Republic of Korea program aims to foster and support the development of collaborative R&D projects that bring together companies, research organizations, academics and other collaborators from both countries for the joint development of innovative products or processes in the following technology sectors:
- Climate Tech (Renewable Energy and Cleantech)
Funding for R&D Project Participants in India
GITA on behalf of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India, will fund the successful projects, as follows:
- Total project funding upto 50% of Indian budget as “Royalty based Conditional Grant”to the Indian applicants with a limit of INR 150 lakhs per project.
- Indian industry may receive up to 50% of their part of the eligible cost on a reimbursement basis, for costs already incurred on a proportionate basis.
- Indian R&D organisation/academic institution may receive up to 100% of their costs (within applicable range specified above and as per proposal) on a reimbursement basis for costs already incurred.
- DST funding support for the project must be matched equally (1:1) by Indian Industry and R&D organisation/academic institution.
- The exact amount of funding will be approved by the Indian Project Evaluation Committee based on merit and the contribution of industry, R&D organisation and academic partners respectively.
- Funding from other public sector sources will be taken into account when awarding grant, and applicants will be asked to declare funding from other sources in the application.
Funding for R&D Project Participants in Republic of Korea
On the Republic of Korea part of the project, normal funding criteria and funding instruments as well as the general funding terms of MSIP will be applied.
The criteria for corporate contributions shall be based the Regulations on the Management of the Research and Development Projects of the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, pertaining to SMEs. However, depending on each case cash contribution may be substituted by in-kind contribution
|Opening of the Request for Proposals/Competition||16 August 2017|
|Closing of the Request for Proposals/Competition||03 November 2017|
|Anticipated release date of Request For Proposal/Competition results||December/January (Tentative)|